Fizik Vento Powerstrap R2 Aeroweave
- Brand: Fizik
Vento Powerstrap R2 Aeroweave is a pure racing shoe: the lightest and most breathable model in the fizik performance range, engineered with an innovative high tenacity net-like structure which is coupled with our stiffest carbon sole.
The pursuit of reducing weight and increasing ventilation, while maintaining support and protection led our designers and engineers to the development of a new material used in the upper. Called Aeroweave, it’s an advanced woven fabric that interlaces lightweight nylon fibers with filaments of thermoplastic polymer.
This blend of threads creates a material with an open, net-like pattern that is extremely airy, yet highly resistant and resilient. The Vento Powerstrap R2 Aeroweave’s upper is so intensely vented that the riders’ socks are visible through it.
Aeroweave is a malleable material, and moves to effectively cradle the foot, but its tenacity delivers the support and containment required for a high performance racing shoe.
The Aeroweave upper is complemented by Powerstrap, fizik’s innovative Velcro closure designed for an enveloping fit.
While most traditional Velcro closures just pull together two sides of the shoe’s upper, in the Vento Powerstrap configuration a ribbon wraps around the foot, providing secure containment using just two straps. The instep and the midfoot are separately adjustable for customized fit and compression. These straps have been streamlined to make them even lighter and stronger.
Vento Powerstrap R2 Aeroweave also features a whole new outsole: the R2 outsole’s engineered carbon fiber layup saves weight and delivers increased stiffness. With an index of 10, the R2 is the stiffest outsole in the fizik range.
A wide vent inlet and deep internal channelling provide a cooling airflow, contributing to temperature management.
The cleat positioning is slightly further rear-wards compared to traditional settings, to optimize pedalling efficiency and reduce knee compression, especially well suited to very aggressive, forward aero positions.
Don't see the size you want? Leave an enquiry here.
Purchase Fizik shoes with a peace of mind
- Upon payment, drop us a message whether you want to try a size up, size down or both (subject to stock availability).
- We will discuss with you about a time slot for this service. (Available on weekdays between 11AM - 3PM)
- We will deliver to you for free. You try on the various sizes and choose the perfect pair!
- Aeroweave: extremely breathable, high tenacity net-like upper structure
- Powerstrap: foot-wrapping Velcro closure designed for an enveloping fit
- R2 carbon outsole: optimized cleat positioning, high stiffness and lightness tuned for power transfer
- Weight: 205g (size 42.5/ pair)
- To clean your Fi'zi:k shoes, wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Do not use solvents, paint thinner or harsh chemicals.
- After riding in wet conditions, stuff the shoes with newspaper to absorb moisture.
- Store in shoe bag out of direct sunlight. Cool and dry storage is best to prolong the life of your shoes.
- Regularly clean the buckle mechanism of debris and lubricate it with silicone type lubricant.
- Regularly tighten all cleat fasteners to torque specifications specified by your pedal or cleat manufacturer.
- Do not place shoes near heaters, ovens or fires to dry. Excessive heat may damage the materials and adhesives.